Carrot and Coriander Soup – Healthy Living London
60 mins | Serves 4 | Vegetarian
The sweetness of the carrots are perfectly balanced by the coriander in this flavoursome autumn carrot and coriander soup.
- Knob of Yeo Valley unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 650g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 vegetable stockpot, diluted in a litre of hot water
- 30g fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp Yeo Valley single cream
- Sprinkle of nigella seeds & paprika
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, stirring occasionally for about 5 mins. Then add the carrots, potato, and ground coriander into the pan with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the stock over the vegetables and stir. Cover then bring up to boil. Once bubbling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30-35 mins until the vegetables are soft.
- Add 20g of the fresh coriander to the soup (leaves and stalks!), then blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup into 4 bowls and pour over a swirl of the silky single cream from the bottle.Sprinkle over some paprika, nigella seeds and remaining fresh coriander, then serve with some crusty butter bread.
If you find yourself with leftover single cream, put it to good use; mix it into your weekend scrambled eggs, or add a splash to your coffee. Decadent! And don’t forget to add a dash of milk to the bottle and swill it around to get out every last drop.
Looking for more tasty soup recipes? Try this butternut squash and pancetta recipe.