Gingerbread Oatmeal – Peanut Butter Fingers
This warm, comforting gingerbread oatmeal tastes like the holidays in a bowl. Made with deliciously fragrant gingerbread spices — ginger! cinnamon! nutmeg! cloves! all spice! — it will make your house smell amazing and your mouth start watering.
The holiday season is in full swing and everywhere you look you’ll find seasonal holiday favorites and peppermint, gingerbread and eggnog-flavored everything. As someone who loves all of these flavors, I’m over here like bring it ooon! And when those flavors infiltrate my own kitchen, it’s only all the better.
When my whole house smells like fresh gingerbread and the scent of gingerbread, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves saturates every room, I’m filled with that holly, jolly nostalgic feeling that only comes this time of year. Why reserve that feeling for the day or two we make gingerbread cookies during the holiday season when it’s a scent and flavor we can enjoy in the morning as part of a warm and comforting breakfast?
That’s where gingerbread oatmeal comes in!
Made with thick, chewy oats, almond milk and flaxseed, this gingerbread oatmeal is flavored with traditional gingerbread spices and lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup. It’s worthy of serving on Christmas morning but also wonderfully simple and perfect for busy weekdays when you want to add a little bit of the holiday spirit into your morning meal.
Here’s everything you need to make this recipe:
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Ground flaxseeds
- Spices: Ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all spice
- Maple syrup
When it comes to topping this oatmeal, I won’t judge you if you want to use a drizzle of leftover icing from a batch of gingerbread cookies but since that’s not something most of us regularly have on hand, chopped pecans and almond butter are two personal favorites.
If you give this recipe a try, I hope you love it and that it brings a little extra joy into your holiday season this year!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4–5 cups 1x
Category: breakfast, oatmeal
Method: stove top
This warm, comforting gingerbread oatmeal tastes like the holidays in a bowl. Made with deliciously fragrant gingerbread spices — ginger! cinnamon! nutmeg! cloves! — it will make your house smell amazing and your mouth start watering.
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (plus more for topping, if desired)
- Optional toppings: Chopped pecans (or your favorite nut), almond butter
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat until it’s near a boil. Add in the oats, flaxseed, spices, salt, and maple syrup, and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat down to a low simmer and cook for 7-8 minutes until the oats are tender. Take off the heat and let the oats thicken up if needed. Or, add in more almond milk to thin out the consistency if you prefer.
- Top with chopped pecans, almond butter, and additional maple syrup if desired.
Keywords: oatmeal, gingerbread oatmeal, oatmeal recipes, holiday recipes
Additional Oatmeal Recipes To Try